PRESIDENT’S COMMENTS – 11/17/20 BOARD MEETINGS
(Executive and Regular Sessions)
Check the website for meeting minutes. Meanwhile, here is a summary of the highlights of the executive and regular meetings held on 11/17/20.
We are sorry to report we have experienced some real issues, especially at the bocce and pickle ball courts, with people not wearing required face coverings and maintaining proper social distance. We have received several complaints from homeowners about this – one person described the bocce area as a “pit of the unmasked.” In an effort to clarify our policies, we have posted a summary of the present rules for the Lifestyle Center (LSC) and satellite pools on the grounds, at the pools and on our website. This summary is attached to this report as well. Under the latest COVID restrictions, masks and social distancing are required when outside unless some very limited exceptions apply. “The expanded order announced Monday means Californians must mask up unless they are alone in a car or only with those in their household; working alone in an office or room; outdoors and staying at least six feet away from others not in their household; are obtaining a service involving their nose or face; or are actively eating or drinking, so long as they maintain physical distance.”
Please come with your own face coverings when in our community areas. We cannot supply or expect our staff to disinfect such personal items. Have face coverings around your neck and ready to use immediately if necessar y. Do not gather in courtside or poolside groups without a mask on while you watch the activity or wait to swim or actively play. Wear a mask when going to use the LSC restrooms or talking to staff. Under no circumstances should you be rude or difficult if staff or others ask you to wear a mask or keep proper distance – comply pleasantly and promptly when such requests are made.
WE HOPE TO BE ABLE TO KEEP THE COMMUNITY FACILITIES OPEN. HOWEVER, THAT DEPENDS ON EVERYONE’S COOPERATION. WE ALL HAVE VIRUS FATIGUE, BUT PLEASE HELP OUR COMMUNITY CONTROL THIS PANDEMIC.
BE PART OF THE SOLUTION, NOT PART OF THE PROBLEM!
Other information from the meetings:
- Some adjustments are being made to the LSC hours to accommodate the shorter daylight time for outside work out s. Check the website for details on this and for schedule adjustments for the holiday season (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s).
- There are some vacancies on the LSC Committee (aquatics and tennis representatives) and on other committees -we hope people will volunteer to Details on how to apply and the application deadlines for the available vacancies are on the website or you can contact PPM for an application.
- The Fields 3 Lake rebuild project is getting close to completion. We are now awaiting the permit from the City of Indio for the expanded electric pedestal needed for pumps and lighting. Once that is obtained, we are ready to go on the final construction, lighting and landscaping
- The LSC Pool Bathroom project is close to going out to bid – the City of Indio has asked for some changes in the plans originally submitted and we are in the process of finalizing the new
- With the help of Clifford “Ford” Mullins, the LSC Committee will look into the feasibility of live video streaming of LSC classes. This would require only an instructor present and would allow higher attendance than can be physically accommodated in the gym area. We are also looking into expanding outside workout capabilities, using some larger equipment (spin bikes, weights). Check the website for updates as they
- The Board is aware of the interest in reopening the gym and being able to relax some COVID restrictions as soon as the situation changes. We are preparing for this as best we can ahead of time.
- We are going ahead with security cameras at both the Delano and Cochran satellite pools. Thanks to PPM staff efforts, especially Nick Evans, Spectrum will make the necessary adjustments to bring WiFi to these locations at no cost to us. When that is done, we will be able to install our own camera system at both locations. Although not continually monitored, the system will be accessible by authorized people on a smart device and will routinely record for up to a month so we can access applicable footage if problems are experienced.
- Patrol Masters will be providing additional security services to IPCCA. The enhanced schedule will begin shortly (probably before Thanksgiving). In addition to parking enforcement, they will be monitoring general security problems (speeding, vandalism, etc.) and rules violations (trash left out, noise, large pool parties, etc.) throughout our community. This program will involve additional patrol hours (on a varying schedule) and will include some daytime
- We will have the usual street parking enforcement holidays/reprieve for Thanksgiving & Christmas. Check the website for details.
The next board meeting is at 5:00 pm on 1/19/21, again via Zoom. We are Dark for meetings in December. Remember, the meetings are every 3rd Tuesday of the month and the agenda with the Zoom login information is posted on our website. Check the website for the agenda the Friday afternoon before the meeting. You can also sign up for notifications through the website when something new is posted.
Maggie Stern – President IPCCA
For the Board of Directors – 11.18.20
STAY SAFE AND HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING AND HOLIDAY SEASON SEE YOU NEXT VEAR!
CLARIFICATION OF THE LIFESTYLE CENTER/SATELLITE POOL MASK AND SOCIALDISTANCING POLICIES -11/16/20
The Board thought it would be helpful to clarify the face covering and social distancing policies now in effect at the Lifestyle Center (LSC) and the Cochran and Delano satellite pools. Face coverings should cover the mouth and nose; social distancing means at least 6 feet apart.
Face coverings and social distancing are required at all times at indoor locations.
Face coverings and proper social distancing are required at all times at outdoor locations (tennis, pickleball, and bocce courts, swimming pools, and general LSC grounds) when not actively participating in sports activities. Wear a mask when gathering with people you don’t live with in any setting – including closefriends & family who live elsewhere.
- Masks should be worn in the pool areas and recommended social distancing maintained when not in the water. Masks are not required while swimming, but proper social distancing should bemaintained when in the
- Masks and proper social distancing are required while gathering by the courts or anywhere on the general LSC They are not required while actually playing a court game or workingout.
- Proper social distancing should be maintained when working out individually outside.
Please do all you can to follow recommended health and safety guidelines during the pandemic. We want tokeep the Lifestyle Center and satellite pools open, and the best way to do this is to make they are as safe aspossible for all our members and staff.
Thank you for your cooperation.
IPCCA Board of Directors – 11/16/20