Gates, Transponders and Guest Passes
Gate access, guest passes, security and transponders are all managed by Desert Management. If you have an issue with any of these items, you can call them at 760-862-1202 or e-mail Amy Gunderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are four gates to IP – on Monroe, 48th, Jackson, and 50th, plus a pedestrian gate by the Jackson vehicle gate. Check the attached map for specific gate locations. The main gate on Monroe is staffed, and all other gates require a transponder or smart phone app to enter or exit. There are also certain IPCA requirements about contractor access (permitted times, which gates must be used, transponder requirements, etc.).
$50.00 per tag (Check or Money Order Only. No Cash, Credit, or Debit Cards) Tags are available only for homeowners in good standing with IPCA and Tenants who qualify.
INSTALLATION GUIDELINES: Mondays and Fridays from 8:30am to 11:30am
At Desert Management, located at 42-427 Rancho Mirage Lane, Rancho Mirage, CA. Be sure to call Desert Management at (760) 862-1202 to verify installation hours during holidays. All new homeowners should contact Desert Management prior to coming to the office to ensure a copy of the Recorded Deed has been received. Tags will not be issued if these documents have not been obtained.
Sticker Tags (Tenants)
All tenants (long or short term) must register with IPCA security prior to obtaining a sticker tag and meet the following requirements:
- Completed Tenant Registration Form & a check payable to IPCA for$25.00
- Provide a copy of the lease agreement (All residents must be listed on the active lease for registration)
- Long term tenants, lease of one year or longer the sticker tag cost is $50.00
- Short term rentals less than one year can purchase sticker tags for $100.00
- All sticker tags purchased by tenants including short term will be activated for the length of the rental/lease agreement. Oncethe sticker tag has expired the homeowner will need to provide a lease extension to Desert Management in order to re- activate the sticker tag.
Sticker Tags (Rental Car)
Available to registered homeowners who rent a vehicle; requirements are:
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Copy of the Rental Car Agreement (per occurrence, sticker tag is active during length of stay) $50.00 one-time fee
- Sticker tag will be suspended with no refund if caught abusing privilege. Homeowners are required to communicate with DesertManagement, and reapply annually
Phone App Transponder
Available to registered homeowners, and tenants (1 year or longer). Requirements are:
- Copy of Driver’s License
- IPhone 6 or higher, or fully updated Android
- Phone must be running on the most current operating system (no pending software updates)
- Phone must have Bluetooth capabilities and be on at all times.
- Email Address
- Phone app transponder cost $50.00 each.
Sticker Tags (Street Legal Golf Carts)
Documentation of the permit from Indio City Hall and the Inspection Report by Indio PD must be received in order for a sticker tag to be considered. Board must approve prior to issuing. All residents must be permanent/ or reside full time in order to purchase a sticker tag. Guest, distant relatives etc. are not eligible to purchase tags.
Any vendor entering the community more than four times a month is required to obtain a vendor transponder. Vendors purchase transponders through Inter-Access 760-345-0478. Homeowners with commercial vehicles and or commercial advertisement on their personal vehicles will be required to obtain a vendor transponder.
Guest Passes & Guest Access
There are three ways to manage your guest access and passes:
- Via the Dwelling Live website.
- Via the Dwelling Live Mobile App.
Click here for the Apple App Store
Click here for the Google Play app store.
- You can also call the Guard Gate at the Monroe St. entrance to add guests or vendors to your Guest List. Guard Gate Tel. 760-863-4161.